August 21, 2014, 06:11:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PlasticCup's sketchbook  (Read 8888 times)
Pieter
Made of rubber
Assistant Admin
Heroic

Oink

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »

This one's pretty good!
You should try posting some sketches on paper.

"To be is to do" -- Socrates
"To do is to be" -- Sartre
"Do Be Do Be Do" -- Sinatra
Woo
Veteran

Master of Ether

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 02:39:13 AM »

awesome stuff, but I gotta say I adore that Cthulhu! Grin excellent! and the hand is amazing.

Woo: 4
Relym: 18
Snowman: 1
Halowood: 5
Iota: 5
some_guy: 0
TheGrayK: 1
Nimnim: 2

- Tisys Lamyl -
PlasticCup

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 06:16:56 AM »

I've been so distracted lately, haven't finished any pieces at all, except for this one (for the Team Fortress 2 propaganda competition):

It's sort of a TF2 joke, but lemme know what you guys think of the design itself as well Cheesy
Snowman

Save a plant, eat a vegetarian

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 07:19:35 AM »

I like the layout, can't say much for the humor because I've never played TF2. One qualm for me is wouldn't it sound better as "We have a sticky with your bloody name on it"?

PlasticCup

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 08:37:48 AM »

Well I'll try to explain the context, and you'll see why I put it like this. In TF2 there is an upcoming update for two classes, the soldier and the demoman. For this update the developers have decided to pit them against eachother, and whichever class kills the most of the other class, gets a special weapon that is suitable for both classes. There's a contest for whoever designs the best propaganda poster for the team of their choice, you can read more at http://www.teamfortress.com/propaganda/submit.php
Snowman

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 11:17:10 AM »

Ah, okay 'his' sounds better under that context. Hope you get a prize out of it Cheesy

PlasticCup

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 11:58:22 AM »

Another one I made for the other team:

Edit: tweaked the first one, I wasn't satisfied with the colours (now better looking/more TF2-style):

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:55:42 PM by PlasticCup » Logged
PlasticCup

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:21 AM »

Another propaganda poster.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 01:02:49 PM by PlasticCup » Logged
Snowman

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:32 AM »

I think you made the letter coloring look more complimentary on your revision here, but I liked the darker contrast on the helmet in the original one.

PlasticCup

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »

First of all; can't believe I forgot to post this one here (I made it before the last one).

And to respond to you, snowman, I kinda like the new "lesser" contrast; it fits more with the TF2 style imho. Thanks for the comments though <3
PlasticCup

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »

Yay! More propaganda!

First an updated version of the "Ceremonial Soup Can" one:

Next one I came up with while mucking around in GMod (if you don't know it, it's sort of a sandbox "game" in which you can spawn items from a bunch of other games, including player models and such, it was a great help getting the source material for my posters). It's a bit childish as far as humour goes, but that's okay once in a while Wink (Oh yeah, the quote is actually something the Demoman says in the game, and yeah, I didn't really come up with another use for that phrase).

Last one is a more peaceful one, which I got inspiration for after reading the "backstory" of the war for which I'm making propaganda. Turns out both sides were set up against eachother by an overseeing force, so I thought I'd take a different approach; the two fighting sides are friends again. The quote is an internet thing, I don't know if you've heard of it.

PlasticCup

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »

So... I got into 3D modelling recently. I made some custom hats for Team Fortress 2 and I thought I'd show them off here as well.

My first 3D model ever:

Traditional Drinking Hat

A traditional Scottish hat, often worn while out getting drunk. Associated with drunk one-eyed pirates ever since a drinking game went horribly wrong. Coincidentally this was also the day pirates were invented.

Second hat:

Snow Hat

Nobody knows why the pyro wears this. Maybe the pyro secretly loves snow and the cold? Maybe the pyro's mother said "don't forget your hat sweetie, and remember to keep warm!"? That would also explain the pyro's career choice. Who knows?

Third (and latest) hat:

Casanova's Cunning Coupe

Chéries! A cryptic conundrum, chaos incarnate, cackling in the carnage of close-minded cretins. A cosmopolitan charmer, never coarse nor crude, courting chiquitas clothed in corsets, causing them to climax from cunnilingus. Confidently controlling the combatzone by conducting complex contrivances, confusing the clumsy clowns that call themselves contenders to the crown of the contest. Catering casualties to the competitors, to abscond and camouflage in the crowd, crippling computerised contraptions constructed by clods. A cultured champion, a connoisseur of cuts, you can call me Casanova.

Please give me some criticism Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.