April 18, 2014, 01:27:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Anatomy and Figure Drawing Thread  (Read 13653 times)
Markham
This text is customised.
MotM
Heroic

Ninjas make awesome sandwiches.

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 05:02:22 PM »

Wow, the things that get linked around on the internet.  I know the girl who drew this, she was in the morning class time for the artistic anatomy class I took last year.  It was taught by a student of Florence acadamy.

Now about the image, the boxes are a way of judging proportion more accurately than going by head height.  You'll notice that the box is the width of the skull, which two widths are also the general width of the ribcage and pelvis.  Two widths down from the top of the head is the collar bone, 6 down for the base of the pelvis, 9 down the kneecaps, and 11 for the overall height.  Now if you were instead going by the height of the head, things don't line up so nicely.

muzzoid
MotM

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »

Nice work guys...

I know im thread necroing but i wanted to pipe up and say something about the cranium method.

It is technically a more accurate method as it is based off skeletal landmarks, that dont change as much.
So for example, the bottom of the ribcage, top of the hips, ect.

Whereas the head method is absed off fleshy landmarks that are affected by body condition. Like the belly buton, the nipples the bottom of the buttocks. This stuff is affected by weight and age, so as soon as you get a person who isnt 20 and fit, this method becomes less useful.

The cranium method is also used by archeologists to be able to check what age and sex skeletons were Smiley.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.