October 02, 2014, 10:24:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Names!  (Read 9418 times)
Woo
Veteran

Master of Ether

« on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:52 AM »

So, I figure I'd like to come up with a new Sarus name. Would anyone like to lend me a hand? Smiley I'd like something with a meaning that you thing relates to me. Its hard for me to sum up myself ^^ my old one was Msd Trt, after my acctual names sake (think preciouse stones)

I figure, I can't be the only one who needs a hand comming up with a name! so, here we have a thread to help eachother come up with names.

The only other thought I had for a name was Tss lml (translates: blood magic) but I'd love to know what you guys think. ^^

Woo: 4
Relym: 18
Snowman: 1
Halowood: 5
Iota: 5
some_guy: 0
TheGrayK: 1
Nimnim: 2

- Tisys Lamyl -
TheEYE
Lurys Fey Daemyt
Assistant Admin
Heroic

That which you have seen can never be unseen.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »

It's actually been sorta tradition since the old forum that Adam himself bestowed Sarus names on the members based on how he interpreted them through their posting habits. You should poke him with a stick and ask him to name you, or just wait a few days. I am sure he will see this thread!  Wink

Ambition is the last refuge of failure. -Arthur Wilde
chluaid
Bitey's Daddy
Administrator
Heroic

ldf l srff r drlt sdtr

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »

Tisys Lamyl is nice, I hereby name you that Grin

<a href="http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf" target="_blank">http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf</a>
brettamatowski
You have 934,901 messages, 934,901 are new.
MotM

Character design for next game in progress.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:10:51 AM »

Oh how I miss Sarus.  I'm ashamed that I stopped making Septaglyph phrases...
Maybe I'll get back into it.   Wink 

On the topic of being named, I always wondered what Adam would call me.  [/desperation]  Fatsack

Relym

Gimme a listen, check my profile for music.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

Adam ought to come up with everyone's names and then announce them in this thread. As in, like, a regular thing. I call next!

John and Mary had never met before, much like two hummingbirds who had also never met before.
chluaid
Bitey's Daddy
Administrator
Heroic

ldf l srff r drlt sdtr

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »

Back on the old Brackenwood forums I had a naming thread where I'd name everyone who asked. They would describe themselves and their interests/passions in a paragraph and I'd name them based on that. Unfortunately I just don't have the time any more but if you write a paragraph about yourself, what you like, what you're good at, or perhaps something you think describes you in a unique way, I may find time to give it a shot.

<a href="http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf" target="_blank">http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf</a>
Relym

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »

Sweet! Um... alright. Here it goes.

No matter how many sports I play, I'll always be a computer nerd. That's not to say that I don't play sports; I participate in baseball and cross country for my school. I simply always come to the internet as a refuge. I love music more than I love myself. Even if I hate the song that's playing, I can't go to sleep without the radio on. I make music, I collect music, and I worship music. People tell me I'm a smart guy, but my grades falter consistently. Not because I don't understand the material, which I actually know quite well that it bores me (I'm in below grade-level classes because of the bad grades, so I'm caught in a loop.) No, it's because I rarely turn in assignments. I don't even know the reason for this. Perhaps it goes back to the beginning of this paragraph, which explains that I spend more time on the computer than is healthy or decent.

Is that good enough?

John and Mary had never met before, much like two hummingbirds who had also never met before.
Woo
Veteran

Master of Ether

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 10:12:26 PM »

Whoot,  Grin

Woo: 4
Relym: 18
Snowman: 1
Halowood: 5
Iota: 5
some_guy: 0
TheGrayK: 1
Nimnim: 2

- Tisys Lamyl -
dfl lf l frf
Fledgling

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »

Would you mind doing one for me?

I like science, Im not very attentive, I love to explore, Im a male, I dont like to run because im not very fast, I like the coler red, I like to watch movies, I love to read, Im not very good in school, I cant really do anything special, I love listening to old stories.

Thats really all i can think of. I hope its enouph
Foxtrot Wolfwhistle
Woodfolk

Wiccan and Art Student

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 05:23:05 AM »

Hey, Adam. If you got the time could you produce a name for me? ^_^

I love art and have a very active imagination. I find mind-altering drug trips and dreams interesting. My mind tends to wander a lot and I like to come up with my own worlds and stories.
I'm a practicing Wiccan and am very interested in mythology, ancient history and the Craft. I love nature and all its creatures (Except maybe wasps and mosquitoes...PX). And I think my totem animal is a deer fawn named Piper, but don't hold me on that ^^;
I can be very loud with close college friends and close family but very quiet and a little shy with strangers, my boyfriend and distant relatives. I'm also a good listener and live to comfort others when I can.
I love gentle snuggling and tender romance but sometimes it's fun to play rough. I also have a very close and trusting relationship with one other female friend and my boyfriend of course. I'm bisexual and not afraid to admit it, but I find more women than men attractive (It''s the curves and dainty figure ^^;).

I think that's all...Hope it's not too much! ^^;

"Everyone makes mistaks! ^_^" - Me trying to comfort a friend on IM

Wiccan and Artist in Training! ^_^
Foxtrot Wolfwhistle
Woodfolk

Wiccan and Art Student

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 06:09:58 AM »

I know I'm not Adam but I thought I'd have a go at naming folk temporarily until our good friend Chluaid has the time to name us all properly. I hope nobody minds ^^;

Relym - perhaps "L fdlt rffm rmr mls" which translates to, "The Forgetful listener of music" or perhaps "L fdlt mlsf" -  The Forgetful Musician. (I could only find forgetful as a good descriptor, sorry ^^;)

dfl lf l frf  - I think "Df mr rlm mtf str" Literally translating to "He who seek wise mind" Or possibly "Tdfs Str" - Thirsty Mind.

Sorry if I have the order wrong, I haven't studied Sarus in a long while...^^;

brettamatowski
You have 934,901 messages, 934,901 are new.
MotM

Character design for next game in progress.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »

Try not to double post Wink

There's an edit button next to your published post, or the modify button helps, too, if you forgot to add links or text characteristics.

Just a heads up.

Relym

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »

Agreed. We're such hypocrites. xD

Foxtrot Wolfwhistle
Woodfolk

Wiccan and Art Student

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 02:31:52 AM »

Lol, sorry. ^^; I clicked reply again rather than edit and totally forgot to change it. Apologies to all! ^^;

Nimnim
Veteran

My foot: apply directly to your forehead!

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »

I want a name...

I like to be on the computer...a lot. I love anime, I can't go a day without watching any. I love music and can't go a day without listening to music for hours. I'm bi...very shy about it because a lot of people in my experience all find it odd and wrong...I lag on my schoolwork a whole lot. I can't describe myself any better that.

Per me si va nella citta dolente,
 per me si va nell eterno dolore,
per me si va tra la perduta gente.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.