July 28, 2014, 10:20:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help about the basic 1 syllable words!  (Read 2821 times)
Fishsticks
Woodfolk

« on: March 22, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »

Hello, I haven't been here for ages, and am starting to learn again, so I checked my old sarus notebook and compared it to the current dictionary. It seems like everything but one thing has been changed, and changed in such a way, that I can't find the answer on my own.

My old notebook says:

D - no
R - and
M - is/be
F - at/to
S - if
L - the
T - yes

When checking the dictionary I discovered, that Mi has been changed to something else, since Ti means "yes" and also "is/be".
So what does Mi mean? I can't find it in the dictionary, it's there, but this dictionary functions only one way, to find out what Mi means I should go through every word consisting M, which would be way too troublesome. So can anyone tell me what the basic one syllables mean at the moment, since I can't find them on the lesson site also?
Jaehl
Mobal Gloderator
Global Moderator
Veteran

/* No comment */

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »

Do - no, not
Re - and, with
Mi - or
Fa - to, at, for
So - if
La - the
Ti - yes

Smiley
Laroon

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »

I dunno if you saw this thread, but PlasticCup also made this Sarus to English dictionary. It's rather up to date. I know I sure use it a lot.

http://www.biteycastle.com/smf/index.php/topic,2283.0.html

Visit my site! www.stevenejacks.com
Fishsticks
Woodfolk

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »

A thousand thanks to both of you. Also is there anything else I should be aware about, I mean, is there a list of changes that have been done through years, because my notebook is approximately 5 years old...It has numbers and plural and some septaglyphs in it.
Laroon

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:06:50 AM »

Yea... you might want to read up on the resources here. When in doubt, ask. I'm working on a guidebook that's about 1/3rd done now that'll have everything about 1 - 3 syllable words as well as grammar and other useful concepts broken up into chapters. After that's out, I'd work on one that does four and five syllable words. So if you have a little patience, I'll do my best to get it out by the end of April at the latest.

Visit my site! www.stevenejacks.com
Fishsticks
Woodfolk

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:54 AM »

Aww, man that would be great, so in the mean time, I guess, I'll keep revising the begginners lessons, and maybe some other minor stuff. Can't wait 'till your guidebook is out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.