July 28, 2014, 10:20:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question on sarus  (Read 2438 times)
Antimon
Woodfolk

WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!

« on: March 28, 2010, 07:06:13 AM »

Hello, i just finished reading the first words section of the guide. But, now i don't understand how to write it. What is the real way to type sarus if you were to write a book?

I see some people typing it in the Syllable Spelling

Ex.
dm r dr drr

I also see people writing it how the words should be said outloud.

Ex.
dom re dor dorek

Now, what is the real way i should be typing sarus out? Undecided
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:16:13 AM by Antimon » Logged

Mit red rtlt
chluaid
Bitey's Daddy
Administrator
Heroic

ldf l srff r drlt sdtr

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »

any way you like. As long as it uses the Sarus syllables in the right place, we'll be able to read it.

srs = sarus = sorys = sighrose = easyrise Wink

<a href="http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf" target="_blank">http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf</a>
Antimon
Woodfolk

WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

any way you like. As long as it uses the Sarus syllables in the right place, we'll be able to read it.

srs = sarus = sorys = sighrose = easyrise Wink

I think i know what you mean, tell me if i am correct.

fmd = Late

So i could type the word as qfumod (qfumod) and it would still mean late?

As long as the Syllables are in the right place i can type the word how ever i want?

rm = what

Prom still = what

Prowlie

Mit red rtlt
chluaid
Bitey's Daddy
Administrator
Heroic

ldf l srff r drlt sdtr

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »

exactly. You can hide sarus in strings of seemingly random letters and numbers, e.g:

"ss ds rrl f dt dms"

"sees days rarely of dot domes"

"55 15 226 4 17 135"

"s5 d5 r2l 4 1t d3s"

"says 15 r2lie fouk doth 1mosque"

.. it all means the same.
Incidentally, a cleverly encoded alpha-numeric sarus message makes a very strong password that is easy to remember.

<a href="http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf" target="_blank">http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf</a>
Laroon

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 02:58:49 AM »

Adam's input is very true, and that's the beauty of this language. However, to keep things simple (conserve space, bring peace to minds of people who are reading it, etc), if I were making a book, I'd stick with the shortest version possible. After all, you can throw numbers into English words, and they're easy for the reader to then omit, but it makes it difficult to read none the less. Smiley

Visit my site! www.stevenejacks.com
Antimon
Woodfolk

WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:19:50 AM »

Thanks alot it's becoming more clear to me now. Maybe you'll see a post from me in the sarus speaking topic soon. Cool

I guess the real challenge is being able to actually have a face to face conversation with words.

Mit red rtlt
Laroon

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 07:59:48 AM »

Yes for sure. It's about going slow. Since this language is relatively new, and very rarely heard spoken at top speed, going slow and training your ear to become comfortable with the words and the way they flow is definitely something we'll all have to work on. I've kind of wanted to get on voice chat and talk to people in Sarus. Really slowly of course, just to get some speaking and listening practice in.

Visit my site! www.stevenejacks.com
lightbitey
Woodfolk

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »

Yes for sure. It's about going slow. Since this language is relatively new, and very rarely heard spoken at top speed, going slow and training your ear to become comfortable with the words and the way they flow is definitely something we'll all have to work on. I've kind of wanted to get on voice chat and talk to people in Sarus. Really slowly of course, just to get some speaking and listening practice in.
maybe get a skype group going?
EDIT: post it on the board as well so that every one that would want to could join (just a thought)

Do, do fa dod midum, do fa dod domum, La Tisryk sos rekid mif domis, Raeflys domtil sos tisum dofum dod milim refys, Re sos tisr la fot-redid mitym lalys.
"...I wanna be a human being not a human doing..." - John P. Larkin
Antimon
Woodfolk

WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »

Ya thats a good idea i'd love to talk with you guys, i got ventrilo.

Mit red rtlt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.