• August 26, 2016, 04:50:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Brackenwood update: YES! New stuff is in the works. Big plans for 2016

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Numbers  (Read 3233 times)

BeastOfTheWood

• Woodfolk
Re: Numbers
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »

Hey for the sake of numbers I understand that they are to be used in context but would it make it simpler to make a symbol around them like a circle or diamond?

PlasticCup

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:36:30 AM »

Of course the meaning is heavily dependant on the context; if someone asks "rr dmd ft?" (how much?) answering in just "l" should be clear that 9 is meant, not "the" or the colour indigo. However, to be sure, you can add "sts" (number) in front of the number, to explicitly indicate that currently it has the numerical meaning.

Also, excuse my sarus-grammar, I've only learned a few words and haven't yet spent any time on the grammatical rules, but hopefully my meaning is clear :)

BeastOfTheWood

• Woodfolk
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 08:13:15 AM »

Of course the meaning is heavily dependant on the context; if someone asks "rr dmd ft?" (how much?) answering in just "l" should be clear that 9 is meant, not "the" or the colour indigo. However, to be sure, you can add "sts" (number) in front of the number, to explicitly indicate that currently it has the numerical meaning.

Also, excuse my sarus-grammar, I've only learned a few words and haven't yet spent any time on the grammatical rules, but hopefully my meaning is clear :)
well yeah but if you are righting it do you do the same thing? Especially if you are using septaglyphs?

PlasticCup

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »

There are no special rules for writing numbers when compared to saying them; if not clear within context use sts in front of it, even with septaglyphs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.