August 28, 2014, 11:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pronouncing  (Read 1917 times)
Fishsticks
Woodfolk

« on: May 19, 2010, 06:25:14 AM »

Uh, hi, so I picked sarus up again thanks to the great handbook composed by Laroon, really apreciate this.
One thing troubles me, which is that I don't know how to pronounce correctly, it's especially hard to figure out since English isn't my mother tongue. The problem lies in that I can't seem to pronounce the schwa correctly or maybe I do. Most confusing are situations when you have to set apart "duh" from "tuh" (when in the midle of word) or just "d" and "t" (when in the end of a word). How do I tell which one it is or how should I pronounce or stress it so it would be obvious which letter it is? Can anyone record some samples maybe, or explain somehow.
I'm considering maybe creating my own dialect, estonian dialect, so I'd pronounce the the basic syllables as in estonian and would somehow figure another suffix to replace the schwa with something more comfortable for me, but I'd more like to learn it in english.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:35:50 AM by Fishsticks » Logged
chluaid
Bitey's Daddy
Administrator
Heroic

ldf l srff r drlt sdtr

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »

Listen to the Yuyu chant in my sig (click the glyphs). It should give you a good idea of the advanced method of Sarus pronunciation. Basically, the schwa is a neutral sound, something between "ah" and "eh". If you still need help after listening to the Yuyu chant, I can make an audio demonstration.

<a href="http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf" target="_blank">http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.