April 24, 2014, 07:12:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Singing Sarus??  (Read 1652 times)
blizteria
Fledgling

« on: June 16, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »

I have to say that ever since I found out about Sarus and this website, I've been totally enthralled at learning more!

One thing though....I'm confused at why I haven't seen anything on how to properly *sing* in Sarus....

I mean, isn't that the point of having a musical language? So that one can sing it if they want to.

Please help me out, I'd love to learn how to communicate like this. Wink

Also...I had this idea. Since music is measured in beats and short/long notes....wouldn't it be a fantastic idea to also include this into Sarus? I mean, it could help distinguish words easier if they were broken down into Morse code-like syllables. Each note could have 3 types _short ___middle _____and long.
That's my input anyway. I'd like to keep on studying Sarus and such languages and come up with my own version of the language....and call it 'solace' (from the 'sol' in Solresol and the 'as' in Sarus Grin). I'd love to come up with the most harmonious language possible.

Sorry, I hope this isn't rambling. If you have any comments, please let me know.
chluaid
Bitey's Daddy
Administrator
Heroic

ldf l srff r drlt sdtr

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »

Hi, welcome to the forum!
yep, as you know the language is built on a foundation of music: do re mi fa so la ti
So any sarus word can be sung or played on a musical instrument. Singing lyrics has an added dimension, because you can be singing words of any language, but the notes can mean something entirely different in Sarus. I've yet to hear a successful attempt at that though and I've never tried it myself.

<a href="http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf" target="_blank">http://bitey.com/images/dashkin/728_animated1.swf</a>
tyokio

banjo banjo baaaaaaan...Jo!

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »

so you could like, translate an actual song and see if there are any hidden messages :O!!! wander what weird phrases that would create lol

"giggle"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.