October 25, 2014, 04:47:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comlock's art and animation  (Read 58690 times)
Comlock
Global Moderator
Heroic

-Words can't describe this awesome personal text!-

« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2009, 09:41:20 AM »

Thanks for the comments=)
And good point, It would be nice with some other symbols. what's in the story for now is that when the congregation  is heading
towards church singing,  the tramp takes of his hat and holds it in front of him. They're ignoring, walking past him and then knocks over the big sign flat
on the ground and walks over it one by one. Later in the story during the sermon we see the tramp outside raising up the knocked over sign, and we'll get introduced to the first crow that lands on his sitting place by the car (crows showing up means the undertaker is on his way, which is shown in the prologue)

The story takes place in the 1930's. You'll also see modern things like wrecked car and so on. the style probably needs to be more clear too.
Changing it to "penny" would be better I guess.Unless we might find a new prop to use in the story.
maybe even a symbol on the sign instead of a text
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:58:09 AM by Comlock » Logged

Anghenfil
Psychedelic Salamander
Assistant Admin
Heroic

It hurts so good!

« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »

The story takes place in the 1930's. You'll also see modern things like wrecked car and so on. the style probably needs to be more clear too.

Ahhh, during the dustbowl.  That makes sense given the visuals.  I'm not bothered by the aged look of the town either then - lots of towns on the fringes of America, especially off trade routes, were 50-100 years behind in technology right up until reconstruction in the 1940's and 1950's.  Only rich people in these locations would have been technologically current.  I agree it will be important to display a few key modern-day objects to set the time period - the car like you said (other suggestions:  An icebox, AM radio, "depression glass").  On reflection I see a character riding a bicycle in one of the concept artworks, which already pushes the time period to at least the 1890's.   But in any case, a majority of older objects would fit right into the setting, so you're doing great so far.
Snowman

Save a plant, eat a vegetarian

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »

^
Dust storm during the 30's. Definitely a great time period to base the animation in (the term 'great' used loosely due to the great depression). One ideal symbol to show the time period Backwater Gospel is based in would be wheat fields. Wheat farming took off in the early 30's, just an idea for the visuals.

I'd like to add how excited I am to even think that I might get to watch this when it's finished. The concept art and storyline are so intriguing, I'm drawn in.

Comlock
Global Moderator
Heroic

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2009, 10:22:19 PM »

Thanks for the comments=D
Wheat fields sounds like a good idea Snowman. There's also going to be a lot of different weapons that only consists of different farming tools (except for one revolver) http://www.saskschools.ca/~gregory/scans/tools.jpg

This will be my last post from the Bachelor film for this year at least. The animators are going to Copenhagen for 3 months to animate on different short films
before we return back. (I'll be animating on a 2D project)
(Bus leaves in 30 mins!)

"Magician Attack"

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:36:21 PM by Comlock » Logged

Loathsome

left forum

« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2009, 12:09:14 AM »

Hahaha that's GREAT!
Awesome concept on that one.

Snowman

Save a plant, eat a vegetarian

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2009, 05:15:12 AM »

I love the textures in those new concept drawings. Oh and that WDA submission...brilliant!  Grin

The animators are going to Copenhagen for 3 months to animate on different short films
before we return back. (I'll be animating on a 2D project)
(Bus leaves in 30 mins!)

Have fun.

tommo
Veteran

« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »

Commie you are SOOO good mate.  You've improved dramatically since last time I looked at your work.  Best of luck to ya in the animation.
Juggleballz
Funk Junky
MotM
Heroic

« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2009, 01:26:09 AM »

Arthur...holy sweet jesus this is total beauty. Why isn't your karma higher than your post count! Come on people, praise the fuck out of him.

The concept art is stunning. It really is. I love this style so much. The fight scene is particularly dark and twisted but so beutiful. The colours, the gradients, the textures, the sharp directional rain lines, skewed horizon and high contrast of background and characters blows my fucking mind.
I'm totally mentally humping you right now.

lol.
Keep it up man. Any date set for the release of the animation?

The value of life lies not in its length, but in its depth and breadth.
Ravenseye
The tree top king
MotM
Veteran

« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »

Your last post was brutal and amazing.

creation vibrations
tommo
Veteran

« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2009, 10:48:08 AM »

Arthur...holy sweet jesus this is total beauty. Why isn't your karma higher than your post count! Come on people, praise the fuck out of him.

The concept art is stunning. It really is. I love this style so much. The fight scene is particularly dark and twisted but so beutiful. The colours, the gradients, the textures, the sharp directional rain lines, skewed horizon and high contrast of background and characters blows my fucking mind.
I'm totally mentally humping you right now.

lol.
Keep it up man. Any date set for the release of the animation?

How do we give karma?
bodot

« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2009, 02:55:17 AM »

So fuc.... nice...

Great camera-angles and perspective..

Lots of anticipation.

Bo

Illustration: www.bodot.dk
Jewelry: Smykker
Comlock
Global Moderator
Heroic

« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »

^Thanks for all the nice comments=D
Juggs: The movie will be finished june 2010. Our school has official cinema screening for our films 7 months after
they're finished. So I guess the movie as a whole won't be shown online after janurary 2011. (not 100% sure but it seems
like that's how they've done it with previous graduation films)

Comlock
Global Moderator
Heroic

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2010, 01:39:15 AM »

I'm back from Copenhagen!

For those who don't know, I was 3 months at "The National Film School of Denmark" to animate on a 7 min danish short film directed by Paw Charlie Ravn.
Me and 4 animators from my school animated on it. We also had a supervising animator, and later on we got in an extra guy with his own clean-up assistance.
So technicaly we were 7.5 animators. (And two awesome background painters. It's all done in Photoshop. Edited in Aftereffects to give the 3D look)

This movie is basically about to orphans set in a near future world where all women are dead, the men has become sexually frustrated and mutated into almost "zombie" like creatures. I don't feel it's necessary to tell more, but I think it's going to be a nice little short (it will be done in June)

Here's a preview of some of my animation scenes:
(The colours and compositing are not finished in this video)

http://www.comlock.net/paw/to_venner-preview_agl.mov
(64 MB MOV file.Might take a while to load up)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:00:31 AM by Comlock » Logged

Juggleballz
Funk Junky
MotM
Heroic

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »

Stunning Arthur. Really really stunning. Seems that trip was seriously worth it. You have improved so much. I have to give the background artist some serious respect. Gorgeous lighting and scenery!!!

The value of life lies not in its length, but in its depth and breadth.
rubberonion

"flexible and multilayered"

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »

Looks like it was a fantastic trip! Definitely want to see this short!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.