September 18, 2014, 11:35:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Prowlie Welcome back! The site migration is complete and normal service resumed.
Advanced search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some stuff  (Read 2365 times)
Ninjarygar
Woodfolk

« on: June 26, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »

Well... here... take a look at some of this stuff I've been working on.
Like I explained before... I'm nothing compared to what I've been seeing lately...

My first task for this new project of mine was to create a 3D, spinning Space Pyramid.  And I did it... WITHOUT THE USE OF A 3D PROGRAM.
So yeah... it has flaws... but with using nothing but tweening, objects, and frame by frame tweaking... I think I did a good job.
Check it out.

http://www.sevenhertz.net/Flash/SpacePyramid.html
(May move slowly... try changing the quality)

So the first thing you might be thinking is... "Big Deal." Well, I didn't have a 3d program of any kind, and wouldn't know how to use one anyway... so I did this with just geometry... I was kinda proud of it, but now I'm thinking... I really should get, and learn how to use Swift3D.  But personally.... I don't like when there are obvious 3d objects in 2d animations.  It just doesn't look right to me, and I think if people see that I did it by hand... maybe they'll give me a little more credit... even though there are flaws. 
Let me know if you think I should keep creating hand-made 3d objects... or buy Swift3d.  I want other people's opinions.

Up next... is a character I've worked very hard on.  He is the one who lives within the space pyramid.  Check it out.

http://www.sevenhertz.net/Flash/Overlord.html
(Again, it may be slow)

So my problem here, and the reason I think I have to redo this... is I knew absolutely nothing about particle generators... or anything like that.  So my water may look amatuerish... and that's NOT what I'm going for this time.  I want to make something really amazing.  I also need to redo his "arms", because when they move around... in the way I have them set up... it's extremely jerky.  It's jerky enough as it is running at 12 FPS (something I'm going to try to fix) But I'm out of ideas on another way to do it.

I have other stuff on this project done... backgrounds... characters... but I'm going to redo ALL of that so I'm not even going to bother posting it.  These are the 2 objects I really need input on.
Twin-Dragon88

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:51:03 AM »

Is there an ease out on the side of the pyramid that appears from behind? I've noticed a little bit of  jerk as it appears. It's nice though. I honestly thought it was made in a 3D program when I first saw it. I also agree with seeing 3d images in 2d animations.
crumb
Rufum Ru Sudily
Animator
Heroic

Previously MUNCH

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:19:41 AM »

the overlord is awesome, loving the bubbles Cheesy

www.nathanviney.com
for the latest news and new live action/animated films

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Sometimes i like to quote myself *Chuckle*\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" from Puffinpants by Marshall Hens
Ninjarygar
Woodfolk

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »

Ah, thank you very much.

Yeah, there is a major flaw in the pyramid when it comes around the back from the left side.  Which... I really don't know what happened.  I nailed it on the right... but... things just didn't work out over there.  I messed with it so much, and now I'm out of luck because I already removed all my guides and seperated all the layers of the pyramid into their own objects.  Making it... MUCH harder to mess with it at this point.

I just got Swift3d and hit the "Create Pyramid" button.  Wow.  I'll probably go back and fix it, using a real 3d model this time.  It's just... eh... it's almost like it's "too" easy.  I don't know.

I've also created a 3d ramp in flash without using a 3d program... by moving the vanishing point, and redrawing it each frame, so that the perspective changes each frame.  It came out REAL nice... but I'm not happy with the backgrounds I've made... and I going to end up redoing the entire scene. 
Bugaloo

This text is personal.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »

Wow, that pyramid was great, and MTB was pretty funny...
decent animation, I would say you pursue full body animation...
The overlord was pretty neat too!
Keep animating definitely! Cheesy
Ninjarygar
Woodfolk

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 03:49:30 PM »

Thank you very much!

Hearing stuff like that kinda motivates me to get my ass in gear... so, I will! Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme by Pieter, based on Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML | CSS

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.